The new game has been announced! “Cascade Effect”
September 6, 2014
August 22, 2014
Middleton Robotics Parents, Students, Sponsors, & Volunteers:
Is everyone excited to start the 10th robotics season at Middleton? It is again time for me to start sending out emails about upcoming Robotics Club activities. I know that some of the teams have been meeting over the summer but it is now time to officially kick-off the 2014-15 season. I am using my email distribution list that includes team members and parents from last season. One of the first activities of the new season will be to figure out how many students we will have in the club this year and assign them to a VEX, FTC, or FRC team. All students (including returning students) will be required to complete a club registration form for the 2014-15 season and I will use the information from the registration forms to update my club email distribution list. We will distribute the registration form at the kick-off meeting described later in this email and I will also include the updated form in a future email. The remainder of this email contains three important upcoming activities for the Middleton High School Robotics Club:
1. 2014-15 Season Kick-off Meeting – August 22, 2014 at 5:30pm
2. FTC 2014-15 Season Kick-off – September 6, 2014
3. Golf Tournament Fundraiser – November 15, 2014
1. 2014-15 Season Kick-off Meeting – August 22, 2014 at 5:30pm – The Middleton High School Robotics Club kick-off meeting will be held in the school auditorium on Friday, August 22, 2015 at 5:30pm. All students and parents interested in joining the robotics club should plan on attending. The purpose of the meeting is to provide new and returning students an overview of the robotics club financial and time commitments so that you can make an informed decision about joining the club. I will provide a short overview presentation followed by a question and answer session. In additional to reviewing the robotics club activities, this will also be a great chance for everyone to learn more about other clubs at Middleton. The August 22nd kick-off event will also allow you to learn more about the FBLA and TSA/Electrathon clubs as well as obtain all of the necessary school and county paper work required to participate in these clubs. I look forward to seeing everyone at the Kick-off meeting.
2. FTC 2014-15 Season Kick-off – September 6, 2014 – The FTC robotics challenge will be announced by FIRST on September 6, 2014 and Middleton will again be hosting the FTC Kick-off event for all teams in Florida. The FTC kick-off event will be from 10am to 2pm and is a great chance for all FTC teams to learn about FTC and see the new 2014-15 game challenge. All FTC team members should plan on attending this event and this also will be an early season fundraising opportunity. We will need volunteers to help run a concession stand and for club members to donate items that can be sold at the concession stand. Items that can be donated include water, soda, chips, hot dogs, hot dog buns, baked goods, etc. I will send out a more detailed email about the FTC kickoff event in the coming weeks.
3. Golf Tournament Fundraiser – November 15, 2014 – Several of the returning club parents have already been working hard to organize fundraising events. We have booked our first official Tampa Bay Robotics Foundation Golf Tournament! Save the date!!! Saturday, November 15, 2014, 9:00am at Bloomingdale Golfers Club in Valrico, Florida (http://www.bloomingdalegolf.com/)
We can have up to 144 golfers (35 foursomes) and can potentially raise $7,000-$10,000 for the Middleton Robotics club. Charity Auger and Kerry Ward are looking for additional volunteer help to organize and manage this event. We will also need robotics students to help volunteer at the tournament. We are looking for some parents to participate in the tournament committee that can help with hole sponsors, gift baskets, flyers, etc. We would like to set-up a time to have a committee meeting as soon as possible. Therefore, please reply to this email and let me know if you are available to help and I will forward your contact information to Charity and Kerry. Thanks in advance for everyone’s help.