More exciting news about the accomplishments of the Middleton High School Robotics Club. In only our second year of competing in VEX tournaments, our team Theseus has qualified for the TSA (Technology Student Association) National VEX Competition. This event will be June 27, 2014 through July 1, 2014 at the Gaylord National Resort & Conference Center in Fort Washington, Maryland. Looks like we have more fundraising to do. Congratulations and good luck to Theseus team members.
With only two events remaining in the 2013-14 robotics season, this email has a number of updates so please make sure you review the full email:
1. Car Wash Fundraiser – April 6 and 13
2. Club Leadership Application for 2014-15 Season
3. Movers for Moms (repeat announcement)
4. Final Parents Meeting – May 23, 2014
1. Car Wash Fundraiser – April 6 and 13 – Thank you to everyone that participated in the car wash fundraiser on Sunday, April 6th. We were a little short-handed but everyone worked very hard and we raised $819 (I believe this is the second largest dollar amount we have collect at a car wash fundraiser. We will hold another car wash fundraiser this Sunday, April 13th at the Pollo Tropical restaurant on Dale Mabry in the Target parking lot that is just north of Bearrs Avenue. The address is 15298 N. Dale Mabry, Tampa, FL. The car was will start at 9am and end at 3pm. Students, this will be one of the final chances to help with the robotics club fundraising.
2. Club Leadership Application for 2014-15 Season – So far I have received 6 applications for club leadership positions for the 2014-15 season. Any student that would like to apply for a club leadership position must complete the attached application and give it to Mr. Mead or send it to me through email. This Friday, April 11, 2014 is your last chance to submit the club leadership application form.
3. Movers for Moms (repeat announcement) – The Middleton Robotics Club will again participate in the Movers for Moms initiative that will be collecting items to be donated to women living at The Springs of Tampa Bay on Mother’s Day. I have attached two documents that provide more details about initiative and the items we will be collected. Please bring items to the robotics classroom for donation prior to May 7th when the items will be picked up by Two Men and a Truck.
4. Final Parents Meeting – May 23, 2014 – The final parents meeting of the 2013-14 robotics season is tentatively scheduled for May 23, 2014. The focus of the meeting will be to review results from this year, formally announce the club leadership for the 2014-15 season, and discussion summer fundraising activities. I will send out another email in a few weeks with additional details about the meeting.