Middleton Parents, Students, and Sponsors:
The following are the topics that will be cover in this email:
1. Next Parents Meeting – October 14, 2011
2. SMTA Meeting at Middleton – October 12, 2011
3. T-shirt Reminder
4. FRC Fund Raising
1. Next Parents Meeting – The next Middleton High School Robotics Club parents meeting will be October 14, 2011 at 5:30pm in room 308. This will give many of you a chance to see the progress that has been made on the robots. Some of the topics at the meeting will be fund raising update, volunteer committees, and plans tournament plans. I hope to see many of you at our next Parents Meeting.
2. SMTA Meeting – As discussed in the previous newsletter, the Surface Mount Technology Association (SMTA) would like to support the Middleton Robotic Club. The next SMTA meeting will be at Middleton on October 12, 2011 at 4:30pm. This will be an opportunity for the SMTA members to meet the students and see our teams in action.
3. T-Shirt Reminder – This is your last chance to get a robotics team T-shirt that you can wear at the tournaments. We will be placing an order for the FTC team shirts in early October. Therefore, we need student shirt sizes and if any family members would like a shirt. Each team member and Adult Mentor will receive a shirt at no cost. However, any family members that want a shirt will need to pay $15 per shirt. Your order form must be returned to me or Kathy Freriks by October 7, 2011. Attached to this email is the team shirt order form that can completed and sent to school.
4. FRC Fund Raising – FRC team registration opened on September 29, 2011 and will close on December 2, 2011. Therefore, the FRC will need to complete their fund raising activities before the end of November. The team needs to focus on raising the $6,500 registration fee that is needed prior to December 2, 2011. I am looking for an FRC parent volunteer that would like to organize a couple of car washes to start the FRC fund raising activities.