Middleton Parents, Students, and Sponsors:
The FRC and FTC teams are all very busy and working hard. The FRC team is half way through their build schedule and focusing on getting their robot ready for the Boca tournament. The FTC teams will be finishing up their final tournament this weekend and getting ready for the state championship in Dayton Beach. Therefore, it is important to meet this week to start planning the transportation and housing for both the FRC and FTC events. Please make an attempt to attend the parents meeting next Wednesday, February 1, 2012 at 6pm.
The following are the topics that will be cover in this email:
1. Parents Meeting – February 1, 2012 at 6pm
2. FTC Tournament – February 4, 2012
3. FTC State Championship – February 18, 2012
4. FTC Demonstration at Lockheed e-Week – February 22, 2012
5. FRC Regional Qualifier – March 29-31, 2012
1. Parents Meeting – There will be a Robotics Club parents meeting at 6pm on February 1, 2012 in Mr. Meads classroom. The primary purpose for this meeting is to discuss student paperwork that must be completed, transportation plans, and housing arrangements for both the FTC state championship and the FRC regional. This is an important meeting to attend so that we can make sure that all paperwork is completed and we have enough cars going to both events to ensure that all of the students can attend. See you on Wednesday.
2. FTC Tournament – February 4, 2012 – The last FTC state qualifying tournament will be this weekend, February 4, 2012 at USF Polytechnic in Lakeland, FL. Two of our FTC teams will be participating in this tournament: 3846 Aionios Tyfonas and 4997 Masquerade. All team members attending the tournament should arrive at USF Polytechnic by 7:15am. The address for this event is 3422 Winter Lake Road, Lakeland, FL 33803.
3. FTC State Championship – February 18, 2012 – All three of the Middleton FTC robotics teams will be attending the state championship at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Dayton Beach. The current plan is to leave from Middleton immediately after school on Friday February 17, 2012. The robotic team has reserved rooms at the Marriott Courtyard and the club will be paying the hotel bill. However, each student will be responsible for bring enough money to cover their meals (dinner Friday night and breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday). Each student must have all of the required school paper work completed to be able to attend. The paperwork was passed out to the students on Friday we will also have the forms available on Wednesday at the parents meeting.
4. FTC Demonstration at Lockheed e-Week – February 22, 2012 – For the last three years, Lockheed has organized a fantastic event for many of the FTC team in Florida. Last year the students were able to get a tour of the facility operate many of the simulators used by the US military. We are gain invited to attend Lockheed’s e-Week event in Orlando on February 22, 2012. Each team is allowed to send four students and one parent to the event. The students will miss a full day of school for this field trip and we will be leaving from Middleton at about 7:15am on February 22, 2012. At the robotics meeting on Wednesday (February 1, 2012) we will need to make a decision on which four students will be attending so that we can submit the appropriate paper work to Lockheed.
5. FRC Regional Qualifier– March 29-31, 2012 – The FRC team will be attending the South Florida Regional Qualifier at Florida Atlantic University. The FRC tournaments are a three day event and the team will be leaving after school on March 28, 2012 and will return Saturday evening March 31, 2012.